The Community Art Collaborative is an AmeriCorps program funded in part by a grant from the Maryland Governor's Office on Service and Volunteerism.
AmeriCorps is a national service program that engages thousands of people each year in service to their communities in critical areas like education, health, and conservation. To learn more about AmeriCorps, please visit www.americorps.gov.
It's an exciting time to be in AmeriCorps! The Serve America Act of 2009 reaffirmed the government's commitment to AmeriCorps and expanded the number of service opportunities available. Each year, AmeriCorps offers 75,000 opportunities for adults of all ages and backgrounds to serve through a network of partnerships with local and national nonprofit groups. Whether your service makes a community safer or gives a child a second chance, you'll be getting things done through AmeriCorps!
AmeriCorps service is a year-long commitment. In order to serve, you must be at least 17 years old, possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and be a US citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident. Participation in CAC is conditional upon completion of a National Service Criminal History Check. Applicants who are registered sex offenders or who have been convicted of murder will not be permitted to serve.
Benefits of Service for 2013-14
- A living allowance of $12,500
- Health coverage
- Dental, vision, and child care benefits
- An education award of $5,550 upon successful completion of your service, which can be used to pay eligible student loans or other eligible educational expenses
- Deferment of eligible student loans while you are in service, and repayment of the interest that accrues while they are in deferment
- Ongoing training in curriculum development, classroom management, grantwriting, community organizing, and much more
- Valuable work experience that can help you during life after AmeriCorps
- Participation in a citywide network of AmeriCorps members
Please contact Julie Lin, Program Manager, Community Art Collaborative, at email@example.com or 410-225-2254 for more information.
Community Art Collaborative is an AmeriCorps program funded in part by a grant from the Maryland Governor's Office on Service and Volunteerism and the Corporation for National and Community Service.