Note: In accordance with MICA’s policy regarding campus email, all electronic correspondence from the Decker Library & MRC will be sent to your mica.edu email address.
General Library Circulation Guidelines
- Books are borrowed for a period of three weeks for students, one semester for faculty.
- If a book that you need is on loan to another patron, you may ask the Circulation staff to place it on hold, and notify you when it is returned.
- Any book may be renewed if no other patron has placed a hold on it - see student guidelines for more information.
- Overdue charges are 25 cents a day per book.
- A book is considered lost if not returned within two months of the due date. The borrower is then charged the book's full replacement cost plus a $25 processing fee.
- After hours, books can be returned in the bookdrop located at the main entrance of the Library on the first floor of the Bunting Center.
- Library & MRC users can view a list of their checked-out items -- and students may renew items once -- using the Library & MRC Catalog by clicking on "My Account". This feature requires an individual PIN number which can be obtained by visiting the Library or MRC Circulation desks. You will also need your MICA id number, and to be a currently registered Library & MRC user.
- You can also view your Decker Library & MRC account using your iPhone! The free BookMyne app allows you to view your checked-out items, holds and fines, and allows students to renew items once. Available in ITunes. Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later.