Reading lists & materials are available for check out
Posted 10.24.13 by Kelly Swickard
- Environmental Design
- Art History, Theory, and Criticism
- Video and Film Arts
- Community Arts
- MA in Community Arts
- Social Design (MA)
- Curatorial Practice (MFA)
- Community Arts (MFA)
- Decker Library
- Residence Life
- Media Resources Collection
- Community Arts Partnership
- Community Arts Corp
- Community Engagement
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
. . . the Creative Time Summit is the only conference of its kind, devoted to exploring the intersection of art-making and social justice
The 2013 Creative Time Summit, with a theme of "Art, Place, & Dislocation in the 21st Century City," will Livestream at MICA from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on October 25-26, 2013, at the Graduate Studio Center Auditorium (more information...).
In support of the event, the Decker Library (in collaboration with MICA's Office of Community Engagement) has compiled the following resources:
- Creative Time's reading list for the Summit.
- The Library has prepared a resource guide for materials from our collection, including links to many items that are available as eBooks or online journal articles (log-in required from off-campus).
- A selection of books and videos from our collection will be available for check out at the Circulation Desk throughout the weekend.
In the Livestream of this event at the Graduate Studio Center Auditorium, artists, architects, planners, politicians, activists, and theorists from around the world will discuss how artistic practices influence cities.
This year, keynote speakers include art critic and activist Lucy Lippard and Rebecca Solnit, a writer focusing on the environment, politics, place, and art.